Tbilisi – It`s one of the most beautiful cities in Europe with its own style and atmosphere. Tbilisi is older than 1500 years! Each century left its mark on it.
It`s like a time machine. Every turning offers you new secrets and every building has its own history: narrow streets, famous balconies, patios and ancient churches.
You will enjoy walking along the streets, following their labyrinths and discovering new interesting places.
• Old Tbilisi, patios
• Puppet theatre Gabriadze
• The oldest church in Tbilisi Anchiskhati, 6 century
• The residence of the Patriarch of Georgia
• Bridge of Peace
• Tbilisi Cathedral Synagogue
• St. Gevorg Armenian church, 14 century
• Sioni Cathedral, 7th centuries
• The oldest Tbilisi bakery
• Tbilisi cathedral mosque
• The oldest urban area Abanotubani (district of sulphur baths)
• Fig gorge with waterfall
• Metekhi Temple, 13 century.
After we visit the ancient capital of Georgia Mtskheta, situated at the confluence of the Aragvi and the Mtkvari rivers; Mtskheta is the site of the first Christian churches in Georgia. We visit Jvari Monastery (6th century), located at the top of the hill. This is the place where the missionary St Nino erected a cross (“jvari” in Georgian) in the 4th century to mark the coming of Christianity to Georgia. We visit 11th century Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, used for centuries for the coronation and burial of Georgian monarchs. Most importantly, it is considered one of the holiest places in Georgia, since the Robe of Christ is buried here. Svethitskoveli is one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Georgia, with exquisite carvings and frescoes. Both Svetitskhoveli and Djvari are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
• Urban areas of Mtskheta (UNESCO)
• The Monastery complex Samtavro (the main temple 11 century)
• Cathedral of Svetitskhoveli (live-giving pillar)
• Djvary monastery church (VI century)
After the excursion we will have lunch in one of the best restaurants in Mtsheta, where we will also have a workshop of the local cuisine: gordila (boiled dough), kaghi (cut meat), kaurma (mixed grill), khachoerba (curd butter).
$17 (40 gel)
• English speaking guide
• Master class of Georgian cuisine